Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MY MOM SMOKES


My Mom smokes a lot.
She always has a cigarette  in her hand.
As soon as she wakes up, she reaches for her cigarettes on the night table.
She smokes before breakfast, after breakfast  and when she drives us to school.
She works in an office but  she can’t smoke there. 
So, she smokes in the employees’ lounge  at break  and  after lunch. 
And  she smokes in the evening at home, especially when she watches    T.V.
Mom is the only one in our family    that smokes.
We all hate it.  
The house smells    and    
everybody’s clothes smell
and    her breath smells.
She doesn’t have a lot of energy.
As soon as    she tries to exercise,     she becomes short of breath.
And  my little sister, Katie,   gets bad coughs   all the time.
Mom’s tried to quit.
She went to a “Stop smoking program”     and     stopped for a while.
And once    she was hypnotized,    but    that didn’t work.
She says she wants to stop,  but    she can’t  do it.
Tomorrow,   I’m going  to be 12.   
My Mom asked me,What do you want for your birthday?”
You know        what I answered?
“I only want one thing,   for you ,   to stop smoking.”

No comments:

Post a Comment