Tuesday, May 7, 2013

MY TALK


In my talk today, I’ll be telling you about 2 of my learners.
One is very old- Mr. Cuong- a retired man at the age of 62 who is Dr. Huy’s father-in-law  working here.
The other is very young-Thuy Duong- a young divorcee at 22 who is re-married to a nice architect   living in The US.
By looking at the two learners, we will see the key to success withdrawn form them is quite similar even though they were with me at different times- years apart.
In fact, it is important to note that their achiements of speaking still have a great meaning in my career today.
So, Mr. Cuong and Thuy Duong have a lot in common.
Let me tell you a few points that they could share.
Both they came to me by themselves while their families did not care much for them.
Ah, both lived in homes that were good places for them.
You will also be surprised by the fact that no one in their families encouraged them.
Next, an important part in my talk- in fact, it is necessary in every one’s - is that they both had a wish- a wish that they could speak English well.  
I’ll say that again. They both wished they could live in somwhere speaking English.
And their wish is what makes me want to go on teaching how to speak.
OK, one final thing that they had in common is that they both tried very hard but no miracle happened.
And as they tried hard after one year, so did I.
They finally could speak to me well enough to feel great to live anywhere they want to around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment